Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our next two years...

God has really opened up the doors for Brandon and I to be in such a unique place in our lives right now. We are seeing job opportunities unfold, but are knowing that we are being called certain places.

We had known that we wanted to do CARES ministry for a long time. We both LOVE entertaining and getting to know our neighbors... so what better way that to coordinate the community events?!? I LOVE event coordinating and pulling pieces together to make a party -so this is JUST up my alley! And Brandon thrives off getting in a deep conversations a relationships with people - so this will open up so many ministry opportunities that we are beaming with excitement about!

Brandon and I went last Tuesday for our CARES interview. She approved us the join CARES halfway during the interview. What an amazing answered prayer that was! We were hoping to find out soon wether or not we'd been accepted - but God didn't hesitate to let us know. The normal turn-around time to get placed in a CARES apartment is about 6 weeks; at the end of our interview, she offered us a location to go look at that evening. Another AMAZING burden lifted. Jesus knew our hearts cry to be somewhere soon!

We then interviewed with the apartment manager on Friday - and again, about halfway into the interview she informed us that she knew we were the right people for her from the moment she saw us - God is amazing. She then offered us the position on the spot and took us to pick our apartment! WOW. We had NO idea this would all happen so quick but we are LITERALLY jumping up and down, in tears, excited! We are very very much aware that this was ALL God's handy work. We heard His calling and sought after it - and we have landed in our new home! PLUS Our manager is so so so sweet and very excited that we will be joining their staff.

On a side note, last night John, Brandon, Allison and I went to the Nutcracker Festival at Reliant Stadium.. and I get this tap on the shoulder from someone who looks a lot like me...it was my half-sister whom I haven't seen since the 7th grade. WOW. It was awesome seeing her and catching up for about 15 minutes. Brandon and I look forward to going to their house soon for dinner to really catch-up and reminisce about our Dad. Im so excited to hear her stories about him :)

God is amazing. He has taught me over and over this summer that if I wait for Him, listen to His calling, and follow it obediently, then I will be blessed far beyond my imagination.

Apartment 337... here we come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment